• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon EDG 85 and Canon Cameras (1 Viewer)

hatdiver

Firstly let me introduce myself.
John, a keen photographer from Aberdeen.
Been thinking about digiscoping a lot recently. I like what I have read and researched on this forum and other places.
I have on order a Nikon EDG 85 with the 50mm and 20mm/60mm eyepieces.
Yet to get a camera to attach to the scope, I'm leaning towards the Nikon 1 V3.
Before I buy this camera and adapter, thought it may be a good idea to ask the following question.
Does anyone know if its possible to attach a Canon 7D Mk2 or a Canon 1DX to the Nikon EDG 85 scope. I have these Canon bodies as well as a load of lenses, my main interests is bird photography.

If not it will be the 85 scope and the Nikon 1 V3, with the Nikon DSA-N1 adapter.
Would also be interesting to know if anyone here is using this combo, and hear their thoughts and experiences.

Regards
John

Just ordered the Nikon 1 V3 and adapter to pair with the EDG 85 scope.
I didnt expect much in way of replies, searching the net for such info came up with very few spurious results.
Looking forward to see how this combo works.

Yes you can use the FSA-L2 for DSLR or Mirrorless cameras with T2 Ring adapter for your Canon, Sony etc. No need T2 Ring for the Nikon because by default, it is for Nikon

Thanks for the info Horukuru.
Nikon 1 V3 arrived today, EDG 85 comes tomorrow, DSA-N1 connecter comes Friday.
Will see how this combo works and if crap then will look into what you suggest.

Regards
John

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back