• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A little story about Zeiss customer service (1 Viewer)

ColonelBlimp

What time is bird?
A while ago, the top lens of my Diascope zoom eyepiece had a fairly noticeable scratch. It was small, yes, pretty unnoticeable in normal use, but flared up during strongly backlit use with the eye placed slightly away from the lens.

Just to be on the safe side, I sent it in to Zeiss UK to have a look at it. They said that they would contact me with developments.

After a couple of weeks, I get an email saying that Zeiss Germany have found the eyepiece "defective" (whatever that means), and that it will be replaced. I got the replacement today. Brand spanking new. Cost? £0. What more could you possibly want???

Fantastically attentive and polite customer service throughout, and with the cost waived even though I said that since it was likely to have been done through my carelessness (although God knows how, having cleaned the thing only a few times with the whole blower-brush, cotton bud treatment), I would be most happy to pay for the repair. Let's just say, when I've saved up for some Alpha bins I'll be getting FLs!!!

In a word, brilliant! o:D

My dear Colonel Blimp,

On this side of the Pond, I found that Zeiss USA were very attentive to the one problem I have had with their products. About five years, ago, I bought a new but obsolete 7x42 ClassiC. As soon as I received it, I realized that the focussing was fouled but I did not get around to returning it to the mail order firm, even in their generous thirty day allowance. Zeiss USA accepted the binocular for repair and returned it within two weeks of its dispatch to their Virginia facility. This was done at no charge.

Two more FL binoculars and a 'scope have been trouble free, so I have not been able to test their service in quite a while.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back