• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

any solution for the vignetting of 30X eyepiece with Z85? (1 Viewer)

skiss

Hello,
I'm using nikon 4500 with Z85+30X eyepiece.
However, vignetting appeared with my DC zoom 1X~2+X...
it bother me sometimes especially when I'm taking the bird that is so close with me...
therefore is there any solution for the vignetting of 30X eyepiece with Z85?
or did zeiss produce 20X eyepiece and maybe the vignetting would be better?
thanks alot:)

Hi skiss,

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators welcome to Bird Fourm :t:

I don't have the Zeiss but from my experiences I haven't seen a scope yet that gives no vignetting at '0' zoom with a 30x eyepiece.

Some scopes are better than others. Nikon do a range of scopes have very wide eyepieces but the likes of the older Kowas are quite narrow.

I tend to simply zoom the camera until vignetting is removed and work from there. A zoom eyepiece gives more versatility but even then vignetting can be problem at closer distances.

The type of adapter being used may be influencing the vignetting too as some are better than others, depending on how close the camera lens is held to the eyepiece glass. The closer the camera the lower the vignetting.

I don't have the 20x but would be interested to see what everyone else has found as regards vignetting.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back