• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Early Morning Walk (1 Viewer)

Kenny

Natural Magic
I had to get out of bed early this morning to attend to something not bird related. However, once that was done I was aware of the shadow of the night slowly lifting, and decided to walk the dog at dawn. I'm glad I did. Quite magical with the dawn chorus from blackbirds and robins. Geese flying overhead in large formations also in good voice. A buzzard glides to rest in the tall conifers. Shallow mists, a slight frost and a pink sky to add to the drama. I thought about those at home in bed, oblivious to the happenings out here. So much activity at this early hour. All this seen from the solitude of an empty golf course. I have the alarm clock set for tomorrow morning!

There is deffinately something magical about early morning. Out at the crack of dawn when the hustle and bustle of life has not awoke yet and all around you is natures beauty. Its deffinately the best time of the day. Only hard part is making the effort to get out of a nice cosy warm bed!!

Joser4red said:
There is deffinately something magical about early morning. Out at the crack of dawn when the hustle and bustle of life has not awoke yet and all around you is natures beauty. Its deffinately the best time of the day. Only hard part is making the effort to get out of a nice cosy warm bed!!
But once out of that bed, its all worth while theres just nothing like it!!:clap:
bert.:bounce:

That's part of the reason why I like to have my morning coffee outside in the summer. I'll sit out on the step and just watch the yard come alive for the day. It is a wonderful time.... and easy when you have to be up anyway! ;)

There's little that's more beautiful than a pretty sunrise, with the dawn chorus all around.

While there are plenty of mornings when the call of the bed is stronger than the call of the dawn, I don't understand the ones who refuse to see what's happening as the world awakes. It's often the most serene time of the entire day for me, and I appreciate it deeply.

I used to remember, when i was younger, getting up and sitting out in the garden while it was still dark and waiting for dawn and to listen to to the singing birds. Lark and robin first, followed by thrushes and blackbirds, then the finches,tits and warblers would chip in.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back