• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Marbury Country Park (1 Viewer)

Geoff Pain

Rural Member
Spent a most enjoyable day at Marbury trying to find Lesser Spotted Woodpecker,using the directions given to me in a previous thread,but have to say once again failed to find the bird :-C Did manage to see Green Woodpecker and Great Spotted Woodpecker so I suppose as the song says, 2 out of 3 aint bad.Surprise bird of the day was a Woodcock which shot out of the undergrowth as we walked along.On the way home I called in at Stocks Reservoir and managed to see the Great Grey Shrike thats there plus a Smew.
Birds seen today:-
Green Woodpecker
Wood Pigeon
Magpie
Robin
Blackbird
Song Thrush
Nuthatch
Siskin
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Jay
Treecreeper
Goldcrest
Carrion Crow
Rook
Jackdaw
Dunnock
Mistle Thrush
Goldfinch
Starling
Long-tailed Tit
Coal Tit
Buzzard
Kestrel
Wren
Cormorant
Greenfinch
Bullfinch
Coot
Gadwall
Shoveler
Little Grebe
Moorhen
Pochard
Tufted Duck
Lapwing
Grey Heron
Mallard
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Black-headed Gull
Common Gull
Meadow Pipit
Kingfisher
Great Crested Grebe
Canada Goose
Mute Swan
Ruddy Duck
Oystercatcher
Wigeon
Teal
Goldeneye
Woodcock
Smew
Great Grey Shrike
Goosander
Chaffinch
56 different species seen altogether so not a bad days birding :t:

Attachments

• shrike.JPG
    shrike.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 142
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back