• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dark slaty grey mantle and yellow-legged gull(South Korea) (1 Viewer)

taurus1971

Large White Headed Gull ID - South Korea

Hello everyone!
I am South Korea Birder and I like gulls.
Now, I have serious problems.

Some times ago(at 2015-10-09), I watched very strange LWHG at Incheon, South Korea. When I watched this gull, I thout that it was Mongolian gull(L. vegae mongolicus). But this gull's upperparts was too dark grey more than Mongolian gull(L. vegae mongolicus). And dark more than Heuglin's gull(L. heuglini taimyrensis). And this gull's leg colour is bright yellow similar to Yellow-legged Gull(L. michahellis). This gull's structure and bill shape is slightly different from Heuglin's gull.

Well, I have no experience like this gull.
What's your opinion about this gull?

More photoes here
http://gulls.tistory.com/51

Attachments

• Mystery Gull-A(2015-10-09) (2).JPG
    Mystery Gull-A(2015-10-09) (2).JPG
    454.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Mystery Gull-A(2015-10-09) (7).JPG
    Mystery Gull-A(2015-10-09) (7).JPG
    469.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Mystery Gull-A(2015-10-09) (5).JPG
    Mystery Gull-A(2015-10-09) (5).JPG
    474.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Tahnk you lou.
Yes, it look like a taimyrensis.
Pale slaty grey mantle, yellow leg, red orbital ring, slightly slender bill, progression of post-breeding moult.
But It has different head pattern.
It has more sqare head line than taimyrensis.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back