• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A blast from the past! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Taylor

:bounce: Hi all.
Just a short message
Are all the Birdwatchers at birdforum in the UK ready for the Arctic Blast.
I think the birds can already sense it,with the amount off fly-overs i have seen
today.What ever you are doing this weekend & the beginning off next week,
be sure to wrap up well.

Regards
Jeff Taylor

To quote from your quotation, Jeff

"The only guarantee in life is that the weather forecasts are usually way out..."

We'll see!

(-:

Cold weather in January - whatever next!

Actually, Carl Baggott and I traipsed through a couple of extensive boggy areas this morning without seeing a single Snipe - so they've possibly already hopped it, but a couple of Skylarks flying northwards obviously had other ideas.

Hi Scampo!
This time it's for real.Maybe not snow where you live but
you will definetliy feel the wind chill.I hope you don't
fall a sleep in it.
Regards
Jeff Taylor

Went looking for an Iceland Gull this morning that's been reported the last couple of days. Dipped, but did notice a steady trickle of Wood Pigeons flying NORTH (about 100 in an hour). Don't know if it was just a local feeding movement, or genuine migration.

Michael

Jeff Taylor said:
Hi Scampo!
This time it's for real.Maybe not snow where you live but
you will definetliy feel the wind chill.I hope you don't
fall a sleep in it.
Regards
Jeff Taylor
Such confidence, Jeff - in the face of reality, too. I don't know. Bet they're right this time just to spite me.

Fall asleep in it? I'm sure I will - but I'll be in a bedroom at the time. Actually I have enough problems sleeping in a bed, let alone snow!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back