• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A bird in the hand, makes my day. (1 Viewer)

BazR

bazr
Hi All.
This afternoon I walked into the the lounge to hear a light flapping noise coming from behind the curtains, which were partially closed because of the sun. On investigating I found that a baby Blue Tit had flown in and was trying to find its way out. It quickly came to hand, and immediately perched on my finger. It stayed there while I moved it towards the open window, then a little longer before it flew away. An absolutely delightful half-a-minute or so. It doesn't take much to give a lot of pleasure does it?

All the best.
Baz.

Brilliant Baz, one of those special little moments that you never forget..

Baz, that must have been great for you. I envy you the experience. Just lucky for the fledgling that you happened along at that time.

Hi Baz,
What a lovely moment, how wonderful the Blue Tit trusted you enough to land and perch on your finger! He must have known he was in safe hands! These are the moments to treasure, how wonderful it is to get so close to one of our feathered friends as this!
Thank you Baz, for sharing it with us.
All the Best Baz,

So wonderful for you, Baz! That put a huge smile on my face! Have you ever tried hand feeding in the winter months? I've had Chickadees, Titmice, and Nuthatches land on my fingers! It really does make ones day!!!

Kristina

How nice Baz. That's what I call a Bill Oddy moment. He positively glows when they alight on him. I bet you did too.

Hi All.
I thought you might all share my joy; being the lovely, caring lot that you are.
You are right Roy, there was a 'Bill Oddy' glow.

All the very best to you all.
Baz.

What a wonderful experience Baz. It reminded me of when my daughter was four. She had been playing outside and walked into the house with a young Robin on her finger!

She's a birder when she wants to be.

I have days of "Come on Mum it's only a bird!!" when I stop to try and ID something. Then today she was delighted to tell me she'd seen a Treecreeper whilst out with her friend.

Knows more than most her age anyway and fortunately is interested more days than she's not!

Awwwww! That is so fantastic! Amazing how such a tiny bird can melt the heart of an adult human.

That really put a smile on my face and I wasn't even there! Thanks !

Lydia

Hello Baz

Brilliant - it would have made my day too.

Only once have I held a live little bird - a blue tit who had fallen down the flue into the stove on holiday one year - he was a coal black, blue tit!!

Bridie

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back