• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ACR to Photoshop picture quality (1 Viewer)

falconer2406

One for all you photoshop experts out there please.

When i open a raw file in photoshop it first opens it in ACR so i can make chnages to the raw file, the photo is shown as i expect to see it.
I make the relevant changes and then choose to open the picture in photoshop using the "open picture" tab, however when i do this the picture quality changes dramtically for the worse. It almost looks as though noise has been added or the photo is pixalating.

Has anyone experienced this and can anyone suggest a fix or setting change that would help please?

I wondered if its to do with effects on the right hand side?

Cheers

Keith

Few questions.

What version of Photoshop and ACR? Looking in CS5/ACR6.7 there is a button "Open Image", if you press Shift it should change to "Open Object" this will open it as a Smart Object does it look the same then? Plus to the left in ACR there should be a "Save Image" button, if you save the image as, say, a TIFF and open it directing in Photoshop does it look the same?

Few questions.

What version of Photoshop and ACR? Looking in CS5/ACR6.7 there is a button "Open Image", if you press Shift it should change to "Open Object" this will open it as a Smart Object does it look the same then? Plus to the left in ACR there should be a "Save Image" button, if you save the image as, say, a TIFF and open it directing in Photoshop does it look the same?

Hi, I'm running Photoshop Elements version 10 and ACR is version 6.4.1.
The "open image" tab is at the bottom right corner of ACR but with it highlighted and holding down shift key it doesnt change to open "open object" just stays as it is?
The "save image" tab doesnt give me an option to save other than as a .dng extention, i understood that using the open image tab simply opened the same image but in elements, that being the case i cant see any reason as to why then it opens up as a lower quality image?

I can't really help with Elements I'm afraid I have only ever used full Photoshop. As far as I'm aware Elements doesn't do Smart Objects so the object thing won't be there.

There are plenty of Elements users here so hopefully one will be along. You could try reposting in the Photoshop bit of the Photography section http://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=331

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back