• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Free photo editing software (1 Viewer)

You may want to try Image Magick also. I use it occasionally on my Fedora Linux operating system and have used it with Windows several years ago. I normally use GIMP though.

phil

Attachments

• ImageMagick.jpg
    ImageMagick.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 58
Picasa i very good for people beginning with photo editing. Gimp is kile photoshop, you need ti get used to... Both are good softwares!

Picasa is very easy to use.:t:

Hi Geoff I have used Picasa for a couple of years now and I recommended it earlier in this thread. However one thing that I find annoying is croping and I hope you may have the answer. Every time I crop a photo I use the drop down menu to crop at the "current ratio" but I have to do this for every photo. Is there a way that Picas will save this setting. I know it only takes a few seconds and a few clicks with the mouse but I always wonder if I am missing something. Thanks. Regards Roger

Hi Geoff I have used Picasa for a couple of years now and I recommended it earlier in this thread. However one thing that I find annoying is croping and I hope you may have the answer. Every time I crop a photo I use the drop down menu to crop at the "current ratio" but I have to do this for every photo. Is there a way that Picas will save this setting. I know it only takes a few seconds and a few clicks with the mouse but I always wonder if I am missing something. Thanks. Regards Roger

Roger must admit that i have never found any way to set cropping just once so I am as much in the dark as you are, if there is a quick method that can be repeated I would like to know as well. However as you say Picasa is so fast and easy to use that it can be forgiven for this!!:t:

Roger must admit that i have never found any way to set cropping just once so I am as much in the dark as you are, if there is a quick method that can be repeated I would like to know as well. However as you say Picasa is so fast and easy to use that it can be forgiven for this!!:t:

Thanks Geoff, glad it is not just me. I agree Picasa can be forgiven this very minor fault. I wouldn't be without it. Regards Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back