• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Organising Photoshop Elements 11 (1 Viewer)

Andy Hurley

Gotta love nature!
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi,
I've bought PSE 11 and am trying to organise my nature pics using this programme. At the moment they are all filed under windows 7 as follows;

e.g. Bird Photos\American Crow\American Crow 2009 Canada West Coast\photo name

e.g. Butterflies\Cassius Blue\Cassius Blue 2012 Florida\photo name

The question is, can I organise them in PSE into Albums with sub levels for each species\year\location and how do I go about it? I have been putting all the photos of one species at a certain location and year into stacks but it feels very cumbersome. How can I group the stacks to the next higher level?

Thanks very much for your input

I don't have photoshop so please bear with me if what I say do not make sense:

I have not used stacks, but from descriptions I have read, I do not think that is what you need to use. I think Elements come with Bridge which I have read is supposed to be a photo organizing tool.

The reason I am a little vague about this is that I use a different system (acdsee) for photo organization.

But at least I hope this might have helped bump the topic up so that others see it. However, you can also post in this part of BF: http://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=331

Niels

I have PSE11 which I use for in-depth editing but rarely needed. I use Lightroom 4 all the time and the basic editing of RAW and JPEG files is fast and effective but the organisation of photos is superb. Using the tags and collections you can find all the pictures of a certain subject or bird very quickly. It helps to be consistent about how you tag photos but the system is very robust and extremely flexible

Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back