• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss 15x50 BGAT vs Carl Zeiss Jena 10x50 Dekaris (1 Viewer)

Ask for a photo showing the eyepieces. The GAT had small, concave eyelenses (it used, like all its predecessors, Erfle eyepieces) and hard plastic eyecups, whereas the BGAT had the standard largish, flat eyelenses of many other Zeiss binoculars, for instance the Dialyt 10x40 BGATP or the Dialyt 7x42 BGATP, and rubber eyecups.

The BGAT was, in fact, the last model of the 15x60, so in that sense the seller is right. (15x60 -> 15x60 GAT -> 15x60 BGAT)

Hermann

Hello, Hermann.

I know that at the first 15x60 was made, then 15x60 GAT and then 15x60 BGAT. THe BGAT itself was made for some years, I suppose that the last serie of BGAT's was made in 1998 or even in 2003 but not in 1993. So the BGAT that I was offered was from the first series of BGAT as BGAT's were made from 1992.

Can anybody tell me in which year this pair of binoculars was produced?

I received a reply from Carl Zeiss Sports Optics GmbH that according to the serial number the bino was produced in 1993. Is it realy so?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back