• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa Demos at Eagle Optics (1 Viewer)

I just got back from my local Barnes & Noble. There are a number of magazines on the photography rack devoted specifically to Nikon and Canon Cameras but there are no magazines on their binoculars, or anybody else's binoculars for that matter!

You think bins are an important part of their business?

Bob

Bob:

That is a good observation, Nikon and Canon are camera companies,
Canon has dropped out of sports optics almost, and Nikon has the
market covered with the full range from lesser to the very best.

There are no magazines about binoculars, as models don't change as
often, camera companies have their hands full, with models changing
more than once per year. Competition is full, with sales numbers
sinking and margins slim.

For most watching, your smart phone may have a better camera than
your last DSLR.

Jerry

I've had a pair of the demo 8.5x44 Kowa Genesis from Eagle for a few months now and once I got the diopter adjustment right all I can say is WOW these are good.

They are certainly a good buy in the US. I have been looking at 8.5x45 choices for the last few months but with the exception of one seller in Germany prices here are still rather high.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back