• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Quietish day on my local patch (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
This morning while my Dad was at work, Mum in the shower and my Brother still asleep I decided to have a queit morning birding at my patch. As soon as I got there lots of dog walkers had already beaten me I don't mind them now it's a free country after all it was a pretty disapointing day there wern't many birds around but the birds I saw today were
Blackbird
Moorhens
Magpie
Seige Warbler
Blue Tit
Crow

Yes I know we birders have a bad time birding but we should all just enjoy it but it was a nice start to the day :t:

Don't be dissapointed because you do get days like that on your patch, in fact lot's of them, then something comes along and makes your day and I don't mean a rarity because I am not good enough to recognise one, but behaviour things like a Blackbird and a Songthrush sitting side by side on a branch singing a duet, magic. Lots of things like that which wouldn't impress any body else, but give you great joy, they do me and that is what it is all about.

Mick

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back