• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji Finepix S5 (1 Viewer)

Kalispera

Hi all,

Advice needed, please:
I own a Fuji Finepix S5 Pro, attached is a Sigma 150-500mm lens.
99% of the time I take bird pictures, UK, Lesvos and Gambia.
I am considering buying a Nikon 300mm f4.
Would this be compatible with my camera, or, is the camera not up to it with such a good Nikon lens.
Thanks...:-C

I don't own a Fuji S5 but my guess is that the camera would be compatible. The reason for a lack of a response may well be down to you being the only owner of an S5 on this forum, they were not common cameras amongst nature photographers ... I do recollect that there were a couple of S5 or S3 owners on the "Wild About Britain" forum. Perhaps there is someone who is a member of that forum who might be able to help.

Also might be worth looking here as well http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1020

Last edited:
Can't see why not.

One of the photographers I use is based in Singapore, she uses the Fuji with Nikon lenses. Her stuff is very good, let's say that I've never lost my temper with her yet, unlike others who use the other brands and think that they are professional.

There's a lot of snobbery still attached to brands, if you're good then it shows.

She gets very rich colours, partly through good advice, although she doesn't class herself as a wildlife photographer her work is along these lines.

Fuji with Nikon, good in my book.

I had a Fuji S5 last year [great colours etc. but it does'nt have Nikons AF so not quite as speedy for birds etc.]. As it's basically a D200 body the 300mm f4 would certainly be compatible - never tried that particular combo but it worked well with the 70-300 vr.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back