• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

For Gold Ring 8x32 owners (1 Viewer)

tpcollins

I just received my non-HD and I must say, for $329 from CDNN they are a very good bargain. My only complaint is they came with a very nice case that I can fit my 8x42 Zeiss in - looks like they decided one-size fits all.

I was wanting to keep these in the bottom of the console in my truck but the oversize case is going to take up too much room. Did anyone ever receive a smaller case with theirs? Thanks.

Sounds like the big case my small 7/12x32 GR Switch Power came in. You could fit two of the binoculars in there. FWIW, it looks identical to a case that came with the 8x42 GR a fella I know has.

I think a soft pouch would the just the compact size you would want.

OP/TECH USA Soft Pouch - Bino, Roof Prism Small (Black) is what I suggest from B&H in New York.

Here is the B&H link to Neoprene case.

I bought one for a Fujinon 8x30 sx-fmt. That case is very small. I think the roof binoculars case would be what you want. Be sure to read the specifications on the measurement of the size. Check the measurements of the Leupold Gold ring in your possession!

Maybe if you search, you could find an Op/Tech supplier in Canada.
Rob.

TP Collins--- My mistake. I didn't know what CDNN was. I thought it was something about Canada... I see you are in Michigan!
Rob.

Actually I called Leupold last Friday and they're sending me a smaller case. Hopefully it will work out better.

Once I had decided to keep them and return the Zens, I decided to open the strap package and noticed it wasn't quite right. I took a picture of it and emailed to a contact at Leupold and he said that it was for their small spotting scopes, not my binocular.

In addition to a smaller case, I have a Leupold binocular strap on the way also.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back