• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski 8x25 CL-P case problems (1 Viewer)

[email protected]

Supporter
Have they made any improvements to the Swarovski 8x25 CL-P besides a different case?

Have they made any improvements to the Swarovski 8x25 CL-P since they introduced them besides a different style case? The new case doesn't appear big enough to hold the strap anymore like the older style. Any optical changes?

Last edited:
I was told at a show last August by a Swaro rep that the Mountain is the same binocular with just outward changes such as the cosmetics and case.

I was told at a show last August by a Swaro rep that the Mountain is the same binocular with just outward changes such as the cosmetics and case.
I noticed they have a new smaller field bag so that is probably the only change on them. Sometimes Swarovski changes coatings and such and you never even know they did it.

I spoke to our Swarovski rep today. He said they may have been different in the past but have made no changes in the last few years. He is very happy to help if you have any issues. I'd be happy to get you both together if you need help.

I spoke to our Swarovski rep today. He said they may have been different in the past but have made no changes in the last few years. He is very happy to help if you have any issues. I'd be happy to get you both together if you need help.
Thanks for investigating that for me but there was actually two different cases made for the Swarovski 8x25 CL-P. The case on the left is the older model and the case on the right is the newest and current case. I have the current case and couldn't fit my strap in it because there was not enough room so I thought the older case would be better but after ordering it and trying it I found it did not have room for the strap either and I didn't like the design of it as well so I am back to the new case with the strap hanging on the outside. It still functions well.

Attachments

• swarovski_60512_field_bag_for_pocket_1485290715000_1312845.jpg
    swarovski_60512_field_bag_for_pocket_1485290715000_1312845.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 156475-1.jpg
    156475-1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Thanks for investigating that for me but there was actually two different cases made for the Swarovski 8x25 CL-P. The case on the left is the older model and the case on the right is the newest and current case. I have the current case and couldn't fit my strap in it because there was not enough room so I thought the older case would be better but after ordering it and trying it I found it did not have room for the strap either and I didn't like the design of it as well so I am back to the new case with the strap hanging on the outside. It still functions well.

Dennis,

I have the older 1st case shown above on the left. My binocular will fit in it by wrapping the strap vertically around the center of the double hinges (the strap will cover the focus wheel) before closing the 2 objective tubes as far as they will close. This strap is quite thin, particularly where it attaches to the binocular. The case can be zipped closed easily after that. It seems to fit best with the objectives down.

The top side of the case is located where the carrying strap is attached as shown in the photograph. My binocular came with 2 straps. One for the case and one for the binocular.

Bob

Last edited:
Dennis,

I have the older 1st case shown above on the left. My binocular will fit in it by wrapping the strap vertically around the center of the double hinges (the strap will cover the focus wheel) before closing the 2 objective tubes as far as they will close. This strap is quite thin, particularly where it attaches to the binocular. The case can be zipped closed easily after that. It seems to fit best with the objectives down.

The top side of the case is located where the carrying strap is attached as shown in the photograph. My binocular came with 2 straps. One for the case and one for the binocular.

Bob
Yes, I tried that but I just got tired of cramming the strap in the case with little room to spare. I always put it in the case with the objectives down. With the strap and binocular in the case it is hard to get the binocular out of the case and I worry more about scratching the lenses with all that stuff crammed in there. I just use the newer case and leave the strap out and I pull the binocular out by the strap. I usually carry the binocular on my belt so I twist the strap around the case to keep it from hanging and catching something. It works for me now. I tried your technique with the newer case and it is just so narrow that once the strap is wound around the center of the double hinge the binocular will not close far enough to slide in the case. Thanks, for the tip and trying to help anyway!;)

Last edited:
I use the Lowepro Dashpoint 20 case for my CL 25's. I also use for the same case for my Zeiss Terra 25's.

Its a similar design to the current Swaro cases for these binos in that it has an angled top opening, but its got an additional 1" in depth/thickness which allows storage of a neck strap quite comfortably. I normally store mine with eyepieces extended and flap just closes.

cheers
Jeelan

I use the Lowepro Dashpoint 20 case for my CL 25's. I also use for the same case for my Zeiss Terra 25's.

Its a similar design to the current Swaro cases for these binos in that it has an angled top opening, but its got an additional 1" in depth/thickness which allows storage of a neck strap quite comfortably. I normally store mine with eyepieces extended and flap just closes.

cheers
Jeelan
Jeelan. Thanks, for the tip! I will have to try one of those Lowepro Dashpoint 20 cases. It looks like what I was looking for.

Attachments

• lpdp20gy.jpg
    lpdp20gy.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

cheers
Jeelan
Jeelan. I received the Lowepro Dashpoint 20 case and it works just PERFECT! It is just like the Swarovski case but with a little more depth to accommodate the strap in the back of the case. Thanks a lot for the tip!

My swaro cases

Attachments

• 327CE97B-0094-4847-881C-3B8665ED44E1.jpeg
    327CE97B-0094-4847-881C-3B8665ED44E1.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 119
  • FBE4EA8A-F05C-4F9F-B6A0-13B91F133BD9.jpeg
    FBE4EA8A-F05C-4F9F-B6A0-13B91F133BD9.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 107
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back