• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (1 Viewer)

borealowl47

Darrell Neufeld
Have no wifi.Would like to connect my tablet to my computer(Acer Aspire One Windows 7) Want to download a few android bird apps.Having trouble connecting my tablet to my computer?Any good ideas?

Your Acer should be able to set up an Ad-Hoc wireless network. I asume it connects via a wired router, it can then use its built in Wi-Fi to broadcast that Internet connection to other devices.

If you type ad hoc into the start button search box on your computer you should get a Wizard to guide you through.

Best of luck

I've got an Acer as well though running Vista. You should be able to connect it with the supplied USB cable as has been said.

You need to set up the network on the computer and then the tablet will see it like any other Wi-Fi network. My understanding is that if you connect via USB whilst you add files you cannot access the internet connection of the host computer. That is the case for all the Android phones I have used, and the Samsung site would suggest it is the case for the Tab.

Setting up a network should be no great hassle, especially if you go for no encryption which would be fine if it only going to be drive for a few downloads.

Thankyou everyone.Tried everything but no luck.Went and got a wifi modem from my internet provider and went that route.Downloaded ibird pro 3 only $5.00 great app!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back