• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New M Series ? (2 Viewers)

Looking at the three models it would seem there are some notable differences that you have to dig a bit for. they all share the same field of view, eye relief specs etc.... but

Legend E (base level) - traditional hinge design, fully-multicoated, phase coated, etc... Similar to the original Bushnell Legend but with the Bushnell Excursion field of view.

Legend L - same binocular as the Legend E but with ED glass.

Legend M - Open bridge design with everything the Legend L had plus dielectric prism coating

Looking at the three models it would seem there are some notable differences that you have to dig a bit for. they all share the same field of view, eye relief specs etc.... but

Legend E (base level) - traditional hinge design, fully-multicoated, phase coated, etc... Similar to the original Bushnell Legend but with the Bushnell Excursion field of view.

Legend L - same binocular as the Legend E but with ED glass.

Legend M - Open bridge design with everything the Legend L had plus dielectric prism coating

Thanks for that summary, Frank. I was going to make a slightly different analogy:

Legend E (plain cheese pizza)
Legend L (pizza with pepperoni)
Legend M (pizza with everything).

Have you tried any of these? I'm not sure about the Legend M, because I don't like anchovies.

<B>

Good analogy Brock. ;)

Haven't tried any of them yet. Bushnell doesn't seem to have representatives at any of the bird shows that I go to. Don't have the funds to be buying randomly at the moment.

The Legend M reminds me of the open-bridge Bushnell Elite but with ED glass and a wider field of view. It should prove interesting as long as the edge distortions/aberrations aren't too troublesome.

I am curious as to where the elites are going to fit in to the scheme. The M's are with a few bucks of the elites.

Perterra,

If memory serves me correctly, the original Excursion was a traditional hinge design while the Excursion EX was the open bridge model. I could be wrong of course since it has been awhile since I owned either.

Perterra,

If memory serves me correctly, the original Excursion was a traditional hinge design while the Excursion EX was the open bridge model. I could be wrong of course since it has been awhile since I owned either.

:t: correction noted, Thanks,

Good analogy Brock. ;)

Haven't tried any of them yet. Bushnell doesn't seem to have representatives at any of the bird shows that I go to. Don't have the funds to be buying randomly at the moment.

The Legend M reminds me of the open-bridge Bushnell Elite but with ED glass and a wider field of view. It should prove interesting as long as the edge distortions/aberrations aren't too troublesome.

You might have tried one already without knowing it.

CLONING, IT'S NO LONGER JUST FOR SHEEP AND ORPHAN BLACK.

Attachments

• Bushnell M.jpg
    Bushnell M.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 449
  • Vortex Talon.jpg
    Vortex Talon.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 436
  • ZR ED3.gif
    ZR ED3.gif
    106 KB · Views: 409
Ha ha, yea I'd love to see a master list of who makes what and which binocs are actually the exact same binocs. I doubt we'll ever see that kind of honesty though. It burns me that manufacturers are allowed to buy things and put their own name on them though. That should be illegal.

I was expecting some changes after the Legend Ultra HD has been in closeout pricing.

I ordered the 8x42HD back in November, and liked the binocular overall, but the eyerelief did not suit
me at all. I don't wear glasses, and I had to hold them back from my eyes to use them. I had to return them, and I found out from some other reviews this was an issue.
Otherwise they may fit many users well.

I hope they have things worked out in these new models.

Jerry

Last edited:
I was expecting some changes after the Legend Ultra HD has been in closeout pricing.

I ordered the 8x42HD back in November, and liked the binocular overall, but the eyerelief did not suit
me at all. I don't wear glasses, and I had to hold them back from my eyes to use them. I had to return them, and I found out from some other reviews this was an issue.
Otherwise they may fit many users well.

I hope they have things worked out in these new models.

Jerry

Idem for me. The Legend HD'oculars didn't suit for my eyes (I didn't wear glasses too) and I have a lot of blackout. :C

I just compared these in 10x42 to the Vortex Talons in the same.
The field of view on both are very nice and seem the same. The Bushnells definitely feel lighter in the hands. Locking diopter is kinda cool. Clarity and edge detail seemed pretty much the same, but the Bushnells were noticeably brighter to me (very bright)...All this was done inside Cabelas lighting so its not a good outside review.
But I can tell real quick inside the store if a pair of bins is bright and how bad the glare is looking at lights.
These and the Talons both had no glare that I could tell.
They were also on sale for only $350 over the $479 for the Talons.
I was surprised at how bright they are. I feel for the price, they are the obvious choice over the comparable Talons
Im thinking of picking up a pair in 10x42

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back