• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Toronto 5 May - 10 May (1 Viewer)

string boozel

Not a birding break, more of a general holiday but managed to see 77
species on the occasions that I managed to avoid visiting the shops.

During my stay I took in the Islands, High Park, Bluffer's Park, Riverdale Park, Humber Park and Niagara. A summary of the highlights follows below.

Toronto Islands. Bufflehead, R-b Merganser, Horned Grebe, Purple Martin ( 5/6 ), Hermit Thrush, Mockingbird, Nashville Warbler, Yellow Warbler, Y-r Warbler, Palm Warbler and many of the commoner species.

Niagra. Sharp-shinned Hawk and Black-crowned Night-heron.

High Park. Two visits here produced a good selection of warblers amongst the many Yellow-rumps; Yellow, Chestnut-sided, Magnolia, Blackburnian, Black-throated Blue, Palm, Pine and Black and White. Other goodies included Veery, Hermit Thrush, Catbird and Baltimore Oriole.

Humber. Blue-headed Vireo.

Bluffer's Park. 2nd yr Iceland Gull, Eastern Kingbird, Winter Wren, Warbling and Red-eued Vireo and Swamp Sparrow.

Riverdale Park. Northern Waterthrush and Rose-breasted Grosbeak.

All in all a nice little break with 10 new species, nice weather and all the birds accessible from public transport, good beer too. Thanks to all that answered my request for information.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back