• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What are these fellas (1 Viewer)

mipettin

-
Hi

Just joined today. Hope I am posting in the right area. Attached is a picture I took just after Christmas. I used my Oympus C740 on a tripod on full zoom (10x)

I have only seen these birds once - the weather was very cold - about minus 4 degrees centrigrade during the day.

My guess is they are yellowhammers, not siskins or serins. What do the experts think?

Martin
-

Attachments

• three-little-boys.jpg
    three-little-boys.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 278
Yes, definitely Yellowhammers......one of my favourite birds :t: And one species that I really DON'T remember seeing in 2003!!!

Tis a really nice photo though!!!

GILL

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back