• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RoseBreasted Grosbeaks in ATL too-QTVideo (1 Viewer)

alarson2

The Village Vidiot
Wow! what a day! I never before saw so much happen out there. I had two male rose breasted grosbeaks at the same time. A first for me here. Two brown thrashers on the same suet block at once- a robin came and stayed for a nice long time.

It was raining here today- Hard a couple times but otherwise a steady drizzle all day. A lot of the birds were wet- and it seems like that when the weather's bad the birds can't do much so they hang around the feeder all day. (I don't know- I might be imagining that.) But they did hang around the feeder all day and it was tense a couple times-

The doves were all over the feeder all day- there were bluejays were in and out in a group of four- the cardinals were here too and to top it all the grosbeaks show up. Thrashers and mockingbirds- This feeder must be a legend in the neighborhood. There were four brownheaded cowbirds at the same time- two males and two females and the finches- I forgot about them- a pair of house finches were on the same suet too. I could make 10 videos with all I got on tape today. Over 40 minutes of bird business.

Here's the first. A wet cardinal faces down a bluejay and earns a few seeds. The robin on the suet has to fend off two competitors.

iMovie

That was a great video. Lots of exciting show downs on that one! What a great battle between the (drowned rat looking) cardinal and the bluejay ... I can't believe the cardinal ran him off like that!

Fabulous stuff, Alan. And a triple billing today, to boot! Gotta love it. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back