• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bullock Orioles-hummer feeders? (1 Viewer)

lwilson

Is it normal for Bullock Orioles to feed from my hummer feeders? They are back again this year and building their nest in our mimosa tree in the backyard. Too many birds and babys I'll have to sit down and see how many different species we have here. Got to refill the hummer feeders again Bye for now.

Yes, orioles of many stripes will visit hummingbird feeders. Many people will pop out the floret-shaped covers to the feeding ports to make it easier for the orioles to feed. Fruit placed in the are will offer the birds a choice of foot items.

Enjoy your birds. Hoodeds are really gorgeous birds.

Steve Gross
Houston, TX

Oh, yeah, the Bullock's here love the hummer feeders. As do Hairy Woodpeckers, House Finches and even the Brown-headed Cowbirds have tried to get a slurp occasionally. The only problem I've had with removing a flowerette is that gives bees access to the reservoir. But if I wait five minutes, one of the orioles or woodpeckers will have one flipped off anyway. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back