• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Biking to the shops (1 Viewer)

Karl J

Had an lovely ride in to Norwich today to see some friends and savour the delights of the city centre (... :eek!:), along the lanes from Caister on the east Norfolk coast. Loads of interesting stuff about, with early morning sunshine and a light tailwind that lasted nearly the entire way as i went by Runham, Stokesby, Acle, Lingwood & Brundall .... it was one of those days when it just doesn't get any better

Amongst the 38 sp. i noted on the way ...

1 ringtail Hen Harrier (1st one this year)
2 Marsh Harriers
1 Barn Owl
4 Kestrel
Green Woodpecker
Gt Spotted Woodpecker
4 Jays
a family of Egyptian Geese inc. 4 young ones
1 Woodcock which flew right over me (another 1st for this year)
Fieldfare, still a few about
Song thrush
Lapwings, displaying and chasing each other
Avocet
Oystercatcher

And singing ...
Yellowhammer
Skylark
Robins
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Cetti's Warbler
Chiffchaff

And the Goldfinch are worth a mention, but still haven't seen any kingfishers yet this year

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back