• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Chambord/Blois, France - Late July/Early August (1 Viewer)

Jonny721

My parents have booked a holiday in the Loir Valley in the area around Chambord at the end of this month and the start of August. There would only be 1 or 2 days max when I could do some proper birding so the rest of the time would have to be looking for birds in the local area probably on foot. So there are 2 areas I would like information about:
1 - any nature reserves close by (within an hour) that are good for birding at that time of year, and what birds each has.
2 - what birds could I expcet to see in the local area without too much difficulty, such as the more common species along the river and surrounding area?

Cheers Jonny

I went birding in that area a couple of years back on a similar type holiday. Didn't get many species in all honesty though there wasn't much focus on birding), though if I remember correctly there is a site for a marsh tern (black/whiskered?) nearby, and near to that i had Short Toed Eagle.
Ive got a book i should be able to dig out.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back