• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Word Jumble (1 Viewer)

birdman said:
12 of 19 right for Annie
18 of 19 right for Michael
Still looking for 20 in total!
Okay - based on a combination of the 18 Michael got (and knowing that one of his warblers must be wrong, because he had two) and the 12 I got, and assuming Eared Trogon is allowed ....... how about this 20 ???

Grand Munia
Seychelles Grey White-eye
Javan Grey-throated White-eye
Grand Comoro Scops-Owl
Madagascar Owl
White-shouldered Fire-eye
Argus Bare-eye
Reddish-winged Bare-eye
Glossy-black Thrush
Red-shouldered Glossy-Starling
Southern Blue-eared Glossy-Starling
Madagascar Pond-Heron
Great Blue Heron
Short-crested Monarch
Great Blue Turaco
Blue Duck
Blue Eared Pheasant
Chesnut Capped Brush Finch
Seychelles Brush Warbler
Eared Trogon

Annie

Hi there, Birdman (and everybody!) -- I got onto this a bit late, but went after it with no peeking (scout's honor!) and came up with the same as Annie (to whom all kukos are due! :clap: ), except that I had Seychelles Scops-Owl and Grand Comoro Brush-Warbler. All the rest seemed to logically eliminate one another (I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I think you know what I mean!), but these two appear to be interchangeable.
These jumbles are a lot of fun. I really can't imagine how you create them, Birdman, managing to end up with only one (or perhaps two?) solutions! I was thinking it might be fun if you (or somebody?) would put together a similar list and see how many legitimate bird names can be made from it. Just a thought... ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back