• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Different species in one photograph (1 Viewer)

grahamm

Graham Mee, Southend RSPB
How about this for a new competition?

Who has got the record for the greatest number of different RECOGNISEABLE species in one photograph?

I'll start the ball rolling with this one by Stephen Anderson of five. I sure that you can do better.

Graham

Attachments

• IMG_0150A_Crop6x4.jpg
    IMG_0150A_Crop6x4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 214
Err, whether it's the early hour or not I'm not sure, but I can only see 4 species.
7x Lapwing
2x Grey Heron
1x Black-headed Gull
8x (and 2x ½) Teal

Whoops

It is the early hour for me! I cropped the photo too much and cut off the fifth species. Rather than post again I will submit the four.

CJW said:
Err, whether it's the early hour or not I'm not sure, but I can only see 4 species.
7x Lapwing
2x Grey Heron
1x Black-headed Gull
8x (and 2x ½) Teal

Phew, I thought I was going mad. Try as I did, I couldn't turn any of those Teal into a Green-winged! ;)

Well there's 7 in this pic,although having resized it may be difficult to ID one or two of them!
(taken last month in Florida)

Attachments

• DSCN1138bf.JPG
    DSCN1138bf.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 191
Too small for me. Roseate Spoonbill, Snowy Egret, Great Egret, Glossy Ibis, Little Blue Heron... with some imagination. Plus the blur that is flying overhead...

Well done,Charles,although there is an easier one to make 6.
There are actually two 'blurs' overhead,but 8 would be stetching a point!

Fifebirder said:
Seem to remember this one from an old quiz, Steve:

House Sparrow
Spanish Sparrow
Rose-coloured Starling
Corn Bunting
Cirl Bunting
Corrrrrect.
Now is that pic boring or what? I sat staking out the "waterhole" for 2 hours hoping for something attractive or unusual & sadly was rewarded with a collection of wee brown jobs in moult!! :eek!:

Larry Lade said:
Trevor, is #6 the white phase Great Blue Heron? The large white bird in the center of the photo.

Perhaps the blur is an Osprey?

Hi Larry,in fact the 6th is a White Ibis,the blur is an Anhingha (sorry to mention that one after your embarrassing bird ID post ;) ) and the really small blur is a Turkey Vulture...
but I'm off-thread again,as Jane correctly pointed out,this is for "recognisable" species!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back