• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help how do I get a Still from video (1 Viewer)

Seamoor

Can anyone help me on how I can get a still photo from my camcorder tape onto my computer.

I use Pinnacle Studio 8 for editing my digital camcorder video, and there are times when I would like to capture an still from it. Can anyone help me on how this is done.

thanks

Seamoor

Seamoor said:
Can anyone help me on how I can get a still photo from my camcorder tape onto my computer.

I use Pinnacle Studio 8 for editing my digital camcorder video,

According to this page you get to the relevant point on the timeline, and hit the icon shown below this message.

If you expect to be doing this a lot, you might consider setting your camcorder to progressive mode if it is a DV model, which gives you a more film-like (ie worse) motion rendition on TV but makes still capture a lot easier. Otherwise do your capture at points where there is least movement to avoid interlace effects which look like comb-teeth on vertical moving edges.

Attachments

• tbox4.jpg
    tbox4.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 89
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back