• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trip Report - Birding and Business in Japan (1 Viewer)

Like the report, it makes me nostalgic for my business trips to the US. It was finding something interesting to do at weekends there that got me back into birding. For a while my US list was larger than my UK one ;-)

I know what that's like. I actually keep a China list. It's not as long as my US list yet, but it's getting there.

PS I used to live near Surbiton many years ago (before I was a birder). Good memories.

My "China" list is really a Hong Kong list from when I lived there in the late 60s (I started birding VERY early OK, I'm not really 100 years old ;-) I must dig out all my old notebooks and make a proper list sometime. Pity you weren't birding when you lived near Surbiton, what with the Thames and the Royal Parks it's not a bad place to do a bit of birding :)

Nice report

Thanks for posting.
We are spending a few days in Karuizawa in February nice to hear a bit about where you went birding around there.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back