• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift 962 Ultra Lite 10x42 Porro Prism (1 Viewer)

The redesigned Ultravids have taken a step back from the older model. The redesign paid attentio to the look and not the view. Things have not been the same at Swift since the daughter took over after Henry Swift's death. She is not terrible, quite good with microscopes, but not the same vision regarding optical excellence over design that her father had.

You would not be dissapointd by them, but they have a few shortcomings. The field of view is narrow for a fullsize porro for one. For a little bit more money you can have the Audubons, argueably the best glass ever placed in front of human eyes, at any price.

Robert Ellis said:
For a little bit more money you can have the Audubons, argueably the best glass ever placed in front of human eyes, at any price.

Thanks very much.

I'm really after a pair of 10x bins, otherwise the Audubons would be a front runner.

trealawboy said:
Thanks very much.

I'm really after a pair of 10x bins, otherwise the Audubons would be a front runner.

Check the Eagle Optics Raptor 10x42 porro, at $279 from Eagle Optics. You can return them if you don't like them.

Otto McDiesel said:
Check the Eagle Optics Raptor 10x42 porro, at $279 from Eagle Optics. You can return them if you don't like them.

Good call Otto, the Raptor has the same optics as the Swift Audubons, very nice. I would call in a hurry howeverm as they have discontinued them, the 8x are all gone, but the 10x may hang around in stock a little longer.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back