• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

opinions on 1000d please (1 Viewer)

michael23

hi everyone, my 350d is now subject to an expensive repair,
So as the 1000d is currently the cheapest new body i can get, and i dont have much money, got to save like mad, goint to scillies in october. Whats the 1000d like compared with the 350d?

I've only played with the 1000D in a shop and read reviews of it, I've not had the chance to try one in the field... but I do think that it is a fairly limiting camera and in my opinion might even be a backwards step from the 350D. I agree that looking for a used camera may be a better option, the 400D is a natural step up from the 350D and all your accessories (batteries, cable release and the like) will still work with it. A camera like a 20D/30D will be a bigger change, if you are happy with a larger camera they are well worth a look. I have a friend who is on the verge of selling a low use 400D, if you want details PM me and I'll pass your details on to him.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back