• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sync Cable - PC Female to Female connection (1 Viewer)

RoyH

Hi all,
I am trying to purchase a sync cable to connect my 40D to my 580EX off camera..I can only find a 5m sync cables male to female fitting which needs a hot shoe attachment for connection. Can't see why Canon fit female fittings on camera and speedlite when you cannot seem to purchase such a cable...I would appreciate any comments or advice. Cable length longer the better.

I have priced up the Pocket Wizard...just too expensive which would be a better option. Not sure about the Canon Speedlite Transmitter, as any member had experience with this unit...how does it work outdoor with it being infared ...no bounce signal if used outdoors, would I be able to face the speedlite towards the subject would it still pick up the infared signal...please excuse my ignorance on this subject..

Regards

Roy.

Hi all,
I am trying to purchase a sync cable to connect my 40D to my 580EX off camera..I can only find a 5m sync cables male to female fitting which needs a hot shoe attachment for connection. Can't see why Canon fit female fittings on camera and speedlite when you cannot seem to purchase such a cable...I would appreciate any comments or advice. Cable length longer the better.

I have priced up the Pocket Wizard...just too expensive which would be a better option. Not sure about the Canon Speedlite Transmitter, as any member had experience with this unit...how does it work outdoor with it being infared ...no bounce signal if used outdoors, would I be able to face the speedlite towards the subject would it still pick up the infared signal...please excuse my ignorance on this subject..

Regards

Roy.

I think you will find this the cable M-M fittings
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-5-m-FLASH-...d=p3286.cO.m14
seller colinsfoto
Item no. 380144725790

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back