• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Diamondback 8x42 different upgrading (1 Viewer)

sinthemau

Hello,

I'm more then convinced to buy a Diamondback 8x42, maybe the best value in his price range as reported by lot of users.

I have now am opportunity to buy a used one in good conditions but I don't know how old it is.

So I'm wondering if Vortex have done any major improvement in this bino (e.g. the Phase Correction?), so that I could miss some really important issue in bying an old one.

The alternative would be obvously to buy a new one...but saving some money for another bino would be good :t:

Thanks a lot to whom can help me

I believe that Vortex is coming out with new versions of the Diamondback. Eagle Optics in the USA, which has some connection to Vortex, is selling out the current models at close out prices. I received a recent e-mail from them to that effect.

Here is the current sale price for the old model:

http://www.eagleoptics.com/binoculars/vortex/vortex-diamondback-8x42-binocular

I believe they are also sold in England so you can check for sale prices there.

There was at least one upgrade of the Diamondbacks that I know of that took place several years ago. It increased their brightness.

Bob

Thanks ceasar,

I've seen about the new version coming out in 2016, so I would like to look at the current version sold at bargain price as you showed me, yes.
Now I will look at some webstore in Europe maybe GB.
It's important that the brightness upgrade was long ago...Good.

I have these binos and I love them. There are better ones but very expensive. I think you are correct that they are the best in their prince range. Also, they are guaranteed for life. If I brake them in 40 years from now they will be replaced for free. You can't beat that. However, I am not sure if the guarantee is transferable if you buy used ones.

I have these binos and I love them. There are better ones but very expensive. I think you are correct that they are the best in their prince range. Also, they are guaranteed for life. If I brake them in 40 years from now they will be replaced for free. You can't beat that. However, I am not sure if the guarantee is transferable if you buy used ones.
It is transferable.

Their warranty from their site.

Home>>VIP Warranty
Share:

Our VIP warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.

VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customer. We will repair or replace your Vortex product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods, and monoculars.

Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
Fully transferable
No warranty card to fill out
No receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.

Note
The VIP Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back