• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Phylloscopus sp. UK (1 Viewer)

stablewill

In mid Wales this afternoon. Presumed Chiffchaff, but images appear to show 'some' signs of Willow Warbler. Anything conclusive in these images? Refused to make any noise unfortunately for me, and it was raining, so I just handheld snapped a few pictures and came back indoors.

Thanks in advance,

David

Last edited:
Looks like a Willow Warbler to me: primary projection is quite long; legs and particularly feet are pale; eyestripe is well marked and ear coverts not particularly dark below the eye. Chiffchaff it is then ...

Definately a Willow Warbler, quite a few have arrived in the last couple of days with 100+ reported on Bardsey Island today.

Seen through binoculars today and got a much better idea of colour etc. - Clearly a Willow Warbler, again presuming it was the same bird. Thanks for your help folks.

David

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back