• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tamron 150-600, or f.6.3 in low light conditions (1 Viewer)

fotofalcon

Hello

I have chickened out of buying a Canon 500 f4 and am now looking at the Tamron 150-600.

I shoot mainly around dawn & dusk and in the UK so safe to say, fairly low light conditions.

Is the Tamron with f6.3 @ 600mm ever going to be any good in these conditions? Can I pair it with a particular camera body (looking to upgrade my camera too) that will allow me to take BIF shots in low light? I'm thinking the Canon 7D but perhaps I should go full frame?

Thank you!
Al

Actually, a combination of low light and BIF is not the métier of the Megatamron (although I like this lens a lot). Therefore I would go for the 7D/7D II (as long as full format is not an option) and the Canon 400/5.6, 100-400 Mk II or if price does not matter 300/2.8+tc.

Hello

I have chickened out of buying a Canon 500 f4 and am now looking at the Tamron 150-600.

I shoot mainly around dawn & dusk and in the UK so safe to say, fairly low light conditions.

Is the Tamron with f6.3 @ 600mm ever going to be any good in these conditions? Can I pair it with a particular camera body (looking to upgrade my camera too) that will allow me to take BIF shots in low light? I'm thinking the Canon 7D but perhaps I should go full frame?

Thank you!
Al

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back