• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Hg vs e2 vs monarch 7 glass only (1 Viewer)

casscade

Been out of the binocular business for a while, I'm looking for the way these 3 compare optically, not so much design. I have older Leica bns, Zeiss night owls, Swarovski slc and Els along with the orgional Nikon venturer HGs. I'm getting these for a friend of mine and if you guys can help that would be great. Being ignorant to the new bins, what is the best of these 3 nikons and how do they compare optically. Also are they better than my old bins. Thanks.

I don't think they're better than your bins, I mean overall better. If it's just the glass that matters I would go with the EII. However as a full package I would recommend the new Monarch HG.

Does your friend wear glasses?

What power binoculars are you considering? 8x42 or 10x42 in the Monarch HG and Monarch 7? And note that the Monarch7s also come in 8x30 and 10x30.

The EIIs come in 8x30 and 10x35. All of these binoculars have wide fields of view. The EIIs have short eye relief. The Monarch 7 30s have moderate eye relief. The Monarch 7 42s have long eye relief and the Monarch HG 42s have a bit longer eye relief than the Monarch 7 42s.

Bob

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back