• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

beidaihe china (1 Viewer)

Hello dave and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

You might also want to post your query in our "Information wanted" forum.

Birds of China

by Mckinnon.

not great but adequate. Dave Showler's plates are much the better than the others...

it's a pretty decent place, Relict and Saunders gulls were our target birds... the beach and flats by the road/river bridge (almost pposite the International Club will produce both if you are diligent and put the time in...

lots of other gen on the net

great food all over the place

Tim

Hi Dave,a warm welcome to you and good to have you with us.Tim's given it to you,McKinnon's Birds of China.McKinnon was really pioneering a modern China field Guide,so you have to view it as the foundation on which future field guides will be based.Having said that,it's still quite usable.

dave woodhouse said:
hi,i am a new member,goin 2 china birding may 3rd-21st,anyone got advice on field guides etc?good birding everyone!
Hi Dave,
McKinnons is the best available, I have that book with me at the moment, although there is another covering birds of south east asia. I am currently in China for three weeks, hoping to get to beidaihe in May so may see you there. Check out my 2006 list on relevant forum, am trying to update it as I go round China.

Will it be your first trip to China?

Cheers
Nick

dave woodhouse said:
hi,i am a new member,goin 2 china birding may 3rd-21st,anyone got advice on field guides etc?good birding everyone!
Hi Dave,
Thought I had replied to this, but does not show up on system, McKinnon is best available but there is another Birds of South East Asia which is pretty good. Am currently on a three week trip China with work, picking up birds as I go. Hope to go to Beidahai in May, may see you there! Is it your first trip to China?

Cheers
Nick

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back