• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

woodpecker id (1 Viewer)

erik

cheesehead
Netherlands
My brother took this picture yesterday, is this a least spotted one or what?

Attachments

• woodpecker.jpg
    woodpecker.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 259
oh, didn't realize where you are from, i'm always assuming that everyone's from the good ol' US of A...
since i don't have any experience with foreign birds, i'll have to agree with him on the Lesser Spotted Woody.

would be a nice addition to my recently grown woodpeckerlist :D i think that would be the 6th woodpecker in life...

erik said:
would be a nice addition to my recently grown woodpeckerlist :D i think that would be the 6th woodpecker in life...
I thought woodpeckers were much more common over there? I have a minimum of 6 in my yard....... every day! 3 hairy woodpeckers and 3 downy woodpeckers. The bonus lately has been that the pileated woodpecker is starting to hang around again. I've seen him twice in the past 3 weeks and heard him calling yesterday. Gotta love spring altho' at -22°C this morning, you'd never know it was near!!
Hope you see the ones you want, Eric. I personally would love to see a green one!

hehe by the time i posted it i wondered if anyone would say something about that... Tammie, woodpeckers are flying on and off here daily. In Prague last week i saw about 20 or so...:D

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back