• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black catbird? Yucatan Peninsula - Mexico (1 Viewer)

chenliang

Last month I visited Yucatan Peninsula as a part of my first trip to Mexico. Near the parking lot of Tulum, I took the single photo of this bird I thought was a black catbird. But not familiar with North American birds at all, I'm not really confident with the ID.

Attachments

• IMG_9816a.jpg
    IMG_9816a.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 148
Well, I'm not familiar with Mexican birds, but this bird's beak looks very long and sharp. I wonder if it could be a Melodious Blackbird? Hopefully some others will have a look soon too.

Thanks, another ID help

Agree on Melodious Blackbird.

Phil

This bird I saw at the central plaza in the small town Izmal, near Merida in Yucatan Peninsula, together with tropical mockingbirds, summer and southern tanagers and some wood warblers. I have no idea of its ID.

Attachments

• IMG_9228a.jpg
    IMG_9228a.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 110
Thanks, another ID help

Agree on Melodious Blackbird.

Phil

This bird I saw at the central plaza in the small town Izmal, near Merida in Yucatan Peninsula, together with tropical mockingbirds, summer and southern tanagers and some wood warblers. I have no idea of its ID.
Or juvenile of the mockingbird?

Thanks

How about Clay-coloured Thrush?

Phil

I did see a few clay-coloured thrush at Coba, but not juvenile. thanks again.
So another I'm not sure, which is so much like the little bunting here in China. I saw it at Teotihuacan, in bushes around the pyramids. I thinks it is lark sparrow, but not sure.

the photo

I did see a few clay-coloured thrush at Coba, but not juvenile. thanks again.
So another I'm not sure, which is so much like the little bunting here in China. I saw it at Teotihuacan, in bushes around the pyramids. I thinks it is lark sparrow, but not sure.
forget posting the photo

Attachments

• IMG_8709a.jpg
    IMG_8709a.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 96
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back