• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manky duck (1 Viewer)

eiguoc

Second duck had the colours like a runner but it didn't keep its neck raised like runner ducks did in the photos in Images, taken at Lynde Shores Nov 27 17, I can't for the life of me remember how to put more than 1 photo in post

Attachments

• runner maybe.JPG
    runner maybe.JPG
    881.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Has the horizontal carriage of a Muscovy.. also a long tail and elongated back and rear end.. Most farmyard ducks of Mallard ancestry tend to have a more upright carriage.. (apart from some exhibition breeds).. I'm pretty certain this is a Muscovy X some domestic Mallard breed or crossbreed..

If they were together, that increases the chances of them both being hybrids (the other one is very definitely half Muscovy). Guessing this is the female as Muscovies have a big sex dimorphism in size and that probably carries over to the hybrids to some extent (though, like all domestics, they are very varied in size regardless of sex).

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back