• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (20 Viewers)

Spent yesterday over at Harewood for the red kites, then made our way over Hull way... Marsh Harrier, RLBuzzard again, Bitterns, SEO`s, Barn Owl... this one will take some beating.

=)

Wow what an absolute stunner of a photo! Well done!

I'm trying to resist upgrading my Canon 400D- only resisting coz of money!!! :-C
Was thinking of upgrading to 40d last year, or was it the year before? but theres a 60d already!! Where does time go?

Any recommendations??

Thanks for the props guys! =)

I`ve just listed my 50D on the 'For Sale' section, I`m upgrading.. never in a million years did I think I`d be taking pics like these after four months... =)

Helen, after seeing the 60D in the flesh, I`d have bought the 50D anyway... thats just my opinion.... =)

If anyone is interested I saw a complete set of BWP (the Rspb edition, don't know what year) (all 9 books) in the Minster Bookshop, York for £300. This seems pretty cheap, and was tempted myself, but decided couldn't justify the cost on a student budget. Just thought i'd let you know

If anyone is interested I saw a complete set of BWP (the Rspb edition, don't know what year) (all 9 books) in the Minster Bookshop, York for £300. This seems pretty cheap, and was tempted myself, but decided couldn't justify the cost on a student budget. Just thought i'd let you know

If you are tempted by them Ollie, then consider the BWPi from Birdguides. Half the price or less and it contains all the text of the 9 volumes plus text, maps and illustrations from the Concise plus video clips and sound files. Better value and certainly easier to lift.
That set has been in the bookshop for at least 4 years as I saw them in 2007

Last edited:
Took a walk from Aberford to home this afty via Parlington and Garforth golf course, nothing special but had up to 6 buzzards (4 together displaying and calling) and a close view of a nuthatch that came to ground about 3-4 metres away. A singing bullfinch among two pairs and my first goldcrest of the year which also seemed to be singing quietly to himself.
A fly over group of approx 40 lapwings and not long after a flock of mostly fieldfare with some redwing numbering close to 150 flew over. I expected at least 1 red kite but no luck there but did manage a single brown hare along the way. It's usually a bike ride I take but thanks to a thieving scumbag I decided on walking this route.
Not a bad couple of hours in nice weather.

I'd up to 8 nuthatches today in Roundhay Park Chris, but I'm still waiting to find a decent raptor. As you say a very nice way to spend a couple of hours in nice weather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back