• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (20 Viewers)

Redhouse today

Redpolls feeding on floor now, views down to 6 ft. Have included couple of pics.....just to show how beautiful they are. Also Gsw/single brambling/goldcresrt/fieldfare/goosander,,,,,,,and just to show that i am not obsessed with redpolls..a pic of a new patch tick!!

If any one knows re whoopers...had one with readable yellow ring. Anyone know who to contact re this?

Attachments

• redpoll81.jpg
    redpoll81.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 59
  • redpoll82.jpg
    redpoll82.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 64
  • whooperswan.jpg
    whooperswan.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 75
Redpolls feeding on floor now, views down to 6 ft. Have included couple of pics.....just to show how beautiful they are. Also Gsw/single brambling/goldcresrt/fieldfare/goosander,,,,,,,and just to show that i am not obsessed with redpolls..a pic of a new patch tick!!

If any one knows re whoopers...had one with readable yellow ring. Anyone know who to contact re this?

Doc, said I thought I'd heard Brambling - I'm claiming that first for the patch.;)

DOC REED; If any one knows re whoopers...had one with readable yellow ring. Anyone know who to contact re this?[/QUOTE said:
Doc, email [email protected]

I've had several of these birds in the past. Email them the details, eg ring code, location etc etc you'll eventually get an email back with the plotted movements for 'your' bird.

Cheers, Andy

Twitch

Off next week and becoming more and more tempted to get a big day in. 3 hours to Chipping Norton for Turtle Dove. Mop that up before 10 then 2 hours for afternoon at Rainham for Slaty-Backed Gull (and maybe Penduline Tit?). Anyone fancy a bash at it? I'm flexible with the day but would prefer earlier in the week. Please PM me if you are interested. ;)

St Ives

???St Ives, were is it near???
Paul

Head for Bingley town centre and turn up the road opposite the Fire station. Up hill for a mile or so andyou will see the entrance on your right[signed], Follow the drive upto the play area and the Mansion house.

Phil

is it in the golf club,,,anywhere to to view from etc??Can anyone give more info??Greatly appreciated if so....not on my yorkshire list!!

Whooper

Here is the one with ring......presumably LDV bird....but have posted ring no..thanks to those that replied..I wonder....where this bird has come from..to be seen on my local patch???

Attachments

• whooperswan2.jpg
    whooperswan2.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 62
A car load of us went down to Rainham this morn for the Slaty-back, we got there about 8.30, and after two and half hours of scanning the tip, suddenly there was a shout from another birder that it was on the marsh, just after 11am , everyone there sprinted back up there in double quick time and scanned the marsh from the footpath, a few directions and it was found, then all the gulls flew up, everyone was willing them to drop back down (which they did!!) and then had good views of the gull for around 10 mins, we left then to go over for the Turt Dove, got to Chipping Norton just after 2pm, and stayed till 5pm, but no sign of it, a good excuse to go back down methinks hehehe, all in all a brill day :t:

We’re all aware of how this past harsh winter has had a disastrous effect, decimating the Barn Owl population in East Yorkshire. So although it may appear to be ‘shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted’, while the Barn Owl population is at a low point, I’d like to ask you to record any sightings you may have and let me have them please. This will assist in monitoring the increase/recovery of their population as we move in to the year.

I will then pass your sightings on to The Wolds Owl Group.

Many thanks for your help.

N

I saw two separate Barn Owls this morning within 5 minutes of each other.

The first bird was a very pale individual that flew across the road between the Viking pub and the North Star Hotel (North Landing, Flamborough Head). It appeared to be hunting the ditch south of the road. The time was approximately 1030.

The second owl was perched on a fence on the north side of Lighthouse Road just east of the pig farm (heading towards the lighthouse).

I also saw a Roe Deer half an hour later in the grounds of Marton Hall. Not a bad haul for a work morning considering I didn’t have to slow my van below 20mph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back