• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some more birds, South-Africa (1 Viewer)

Egretta

Belgium
1 - Bar-Throated Apalis? (Cape)
2 - female Sunbird
3 - Canary (Pretoria)
4 - Puffback? it had red eyes (Krüger NP)

Thanks

Attachments

• dfgdfg.jpg
    dfgdfg.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 78
  • dsfqsdqd.jpg
    dsfqsdqd.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 72
  • dsfsdfsdf.jpg
    dsfsdfsdf.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 78
  • gdfdfg.jpg
    gdfdfg.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 83
1 agree
2 heavy streaking would indicate Marico
3 fem Black-throated Canary maybe....
4 Black-backed Puffback (only puffback in region)

Hey Egretta, how was SA? Thinking about going in October and was wondering what prices, travel, accomodation etc were like...??

1 agree
2 heavy streaking would indicate Marico
3 fem Black-throated Canary maybe....
4 Black-backed Puffback (only puffback in region)

Hey Egretta, how was SA? Thinking about going in October and was wondering what prices, travel, accomodation etc were like...??

South-Africa was amazing, a very beautiful country with many bird species.
We (me and my family) went with a travelling agency, so I don't really know about prices, but I can ask my parents if you want. Travel was good, we had a small bus and one flight from Johannesburg to Port Elisabeth, distances are quite big.. Accomodations were very nice, not too basic.. I'm sorry my English isn't that good, if you want to know anything else, please ask..

Niels

Your English is very good Egretta!:t:

I agree South Africa is amazing; one of my favourite countries. I loved the area around the Tsitsikama Forest in Nature's Valley. Found it hard to tear myself away.

Your English is very good Egretta!:t:

I agree South Africa is amazing; one of my favourite countries. I loved the area around the Tsitsikama Forest in Nature's Valley. Found it hard to tear myself away.

Thanks.. yes, that was one of the best things we've done, too bad we only had 3 hours or so, but it was an amazing place, very beautiful.

Cheers Chris, good report - and cracking pics! What sort of prices were you looking at? Bummer about the rockjumper....

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back