• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weather For February 2012 (1 Viewer)

palval147

Sunny now but only 1c. The snow of yesterday didn't lay & apart from the high Western Beacon on the moor & a few cars in the town that had snow on them, no other sign we got any.

Another day of wall to wall sunshine, freezing temps and a bitterly cold breeze.

Why can't we have a big Scandi high like this in the summer?

Same here. Wendy. Glorious blue sky. Gone up to 3c now, but was only 0c earlier. The wind sure is chilly though & makes it feel freezing.

Another day of wall to wall sunshine, blue skies and less breeze. Still feeling bitterly cold. Max just above 0°C, already -4°C at 22.00. Brrrr!

Cloudy and windy.
50's and 60's here (usually been above 10 C). Significant because tomorrow is the big day... Whooping crane arrival day at Wheeler NWR. No biggy...just another flock of birds on the refuge. Maybe in a thousand years we'll look back....and smile.

Friday 3rd: Frosty start clearing to leave a sunny, cloudless gorgeous day with a light W wind. 3C.

Not so frosty this morning at 8am and so far it is sunny and clear skies once more.....but the forecast IS for snow so we shall see how the day pans out.

-9°C overnight, but there is cloud coming over already. Suspect that we are going to be on the rain side of the line today, but the hills around may get a dusting.

Grey chilly morning *2C* and very light snow showers started at around 1pm. Eased off until 5pm then had a lovely mix of rain, sleet AND hail at 5pm as I walked home :-O Thermometer showing +1C so not TOO cold really. :t:

Wet snow that didn't settle through the afternoon, followed by sleet and then rain. The latter is just clearing as I type. Hope it doesn't freeze.

We were told to expect freezing conditions & icy roads here today, with minus temperatures. Instead it's damp, though not actually raining & 8c.

It started snowing here around 9pm and I woke up to something like 10-15cm of snow. Went for an early walk on my patch and there it varied from just over ankle-deep to up about half-way to my knee with some drifts around knee-deep. The main part of the meadow was at least 15cm deep and I was the first person out so it was lovely and pristine! Very hard work to walk through it and I was VERY glad I wore my wellies.

The birds in my garden were NOT impressed, though it did bring in a Redwing! :t: Took me a while to dig through the snow to find the water dish and the ground feeder tray and am pretty pooped after shoveling snow from the paths and steps!

Attachments

• snow1.jpg
    snow1.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 25
  • snow2.jpg
    snow2.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 19
  • snow3.jpg
    snow3.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Monday 6th February was sunny with clear blue skies and a chilly 2C. Not Amused because I was stuck at work all day when I would have prefered to be outdoors! :smoke:

Today, Tuesday, started with a very hard frost overnight and temperatures of -2. Sunny morning but now starting to cloud over. Light sw wind, 3C.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back