• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Road to Recovery (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
hi there

After breaking my foot a few weeks ago, things are slowly improving at the moment. The wheelchair has been taken back to the Red Cross (donated £20 for the use of the wheeelchair)
Going to the hospital on the 7th September for a chaeck up so I hope things improve as I long to go out to Nature Reserves once more.

I am still not taking the bins or the camera out with me at the moment as I do not feel all that nimble at the moment

The plaster cast has been taken of, but I still have to use the crutches (2) to keep the full weight off my foot. So I have managed to walk to the library to use the PC's and hobble back home ( about 3 miles!).
Broadband will be set up next Wednesday now, so no more library at last and I have my PC home comforts once more.

It is also great to be out and about and I walked along beside the Great River Ouse, Beford to see the Swans and take note of the of numbers to post on to one of my groups.
I went to the birdfair on Saturday, and hobbled on my crutches for 3 hours so it was possible.

On my travels, I have noticed a lot of white butterflies about at the moment - they are everywhere. o:) Never seen so many before!

Things are looking up. :-O

Regards
Kathy
x

Kathy

What fantastic news about your ongoing recuperation! Well done.
Keep your positive attitude to the fore and you'll be doing Zorba's dance down the banks of the Ouse before you know it!
I'll drink a pint of Wells Bombardier (it used to be Charles Wells when I was based around there) to your continued good health, tonight.

Simon B :)

Hi Kathy,

Nice to know that you're on the mend and able to get around without wheels again. Hope it continues to improve, you really don;t want to be too long without your bins and camera do you.

It's been a bumper year for assorted White Butterflies over here as well, although mostly Small and Green-Veined. Just as well because some of the others have been rather scarce.

Bill

It's good to hear things are looking up and you're staying positive. I'd be sulking like mad if that had all happened to me.

Glad that you are doing better Kathy!

OMG! You walk 3 miles with crutches?!?!? I've been on crutches a few times in my life and *know* how difficult it is on the hands and arms! You will be richly rewarded with lovely birding once you are crutch-free.

Lydia

Thank you for your kind remarks everyone.

Simon: Looking forward to doing that dance soon. :-O Enjoy yur tipple and thank you for thinking of me!

Bill: Yes, I miss those bins very much, and need to get all the birding interest going once more.

So seeing White Butterflies seems to be the normal n the UK at the moment. Seem one or tow others but they where too fast for a really good look! I would be hoping one legged after them LOL!

Chris: Thank you for your kind reply. I think that being positive is the best way to be - despite of issues that get us all down whether it is people or health related. Life is looking rosy at the moment.

Lydia: I think it is pure determination with the crutches as there is no other way to make my foot operate - ie with an offer of physio. I use my thick socks, a support stocking on my foot and wear my walking boots - and walking seems to work here. :t:

I will be going to the hospital on the 7th Sept 2009 for a check up so I will see if I am more mobile then

Thank you fro caring :t:
Kathy
x

Hi there

Good news that my broadband is back this morning, so I can post sensilble answers now, and keep up to date with peoples posts. ;):-O

Had a chat with my x-neighbour and discovered that our former garden has been hacked down. Sad to hear that as we had a lovely buddlei (sp) bush (Davidii) at the end of the garden and it was in full bloom when we left the house.
Maybe that is a so called way to get rid of the horrible Bindweed residing there.

I am also thinking of the poor little homeless Sparrows who have lost their precious Privet Hedge now, and I hope that they have found an equally Sparrow friendly Privet elsewhere.

Hope that the birds are re-adjusting to such changes that have occured - poor wee mites! :eek!::-C

Regards
Kathy
x

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back