• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alternatives to Hide Clamps/Tripods (1 Viewer)

Ridge Walker

For those who wish to travel light and don’t want to hump around a tripod or hide clamp. Have a look here!
I have been using these for the last 2yrs. I use both for my camera, spotting scope ect. Both brill device's
First is the Clamperpod
www.clamperpod.com
You need both parts. The Clamperpod2 and the Mini precision ball head. They ship to the uk mine took 5 days
I also have a walking pole with a tripod head Trail wise Photo pole T85P, Brill
Link www.trailwise.co.uk/home.html
More info PM me

Last edited:
Ridge Walker said:
For those who wish to travel light and don’t want to hump around a tripod or hide clamp. Have a look here!
I have been using these for the last 2yrs. I use both for my camera, spotting scope ect. Both brill device's
First is the Clamperpod
www.clamperpod.com
You need both parts. The Clamperpod2 and the Mini precision ball head. They ship to the uk mine took 5 days
I also have a walking pole with a tripod head Trail wise Photo pole T85P, Brill
Link www.trailwise.co.uk/home.html
More info PM me

.. what do you reckon to this:
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=7540
.. looks to be potentially a rather cheaper alternative?

.. but what I'd really like is one of these gizmos that would take a standard Manfrotto QR plate so I don't have to faff around disconnecting the plate from the scope every time I switch from standard tripod to one of these portabel devices.....

John F

John Fleet said:
.. what do you reckon to this:
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=7540
.. looks to be potentially a rather cheaper alternative?

.. but what I'd really like is one of these gizmos that would take a standard Manfrotto QR plate so I don't have to faff around disconnecting the plate from the scope every time I switch from standard tripod to one of these portabel devices.....

John F
I don't think they will hold a 5lb like the clamperpod. I bought on similar. threw it away, kept comming loose on the bench. The CP is a metal ineffect a mini G clamp.
Derek

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back