• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

rare bird call quiz (1 Viewer)

jforgham

Birding for fun
Morning all,
Came into school this morning to set up for next week's new intake to find the whole school overrun with reporters, TV crews and police following the triple murder in Bishop's Stortford. Crime scene 100 yards from the school.
Opportunity for a once in a lifetime quiz. Am trying to set up speakers near the press conference (scheduled for 11.30am and also outside when SKY and BBC broadcast live.). Shall then play rare bird calls from the computer. Have selected three to begin with. See if you can hear them and let me know what you think they are. Any twitchers not reading this thread but listening to the reports may well get a little excited!!
regards,
Jono

Might be easier to just post the wav files on here for a quiz?
That way will be quicker, more accessible, and won't potentially interfere with a police murder enquiry!

I can just see plod on the press conference..
"We would like to appeal to anyone who saw a PHWEEET.. PHWEET, or CHURRRRR, to call us on CURLEEE...CURLEEE to help us solve this crime"

Have Fun!

Now moved to outside the school, so unfortunately would need a PA system more suitable for a Motorhead gig for this to work. Did put out three during one BBC interview just outside the classroom but not sure if they were broadcast.
Jono

Put the calls on your mobile, and infiltrate the conference that way.. Maybe even take a few "Whoopee cushion" noises to play when the Spokesman is drawing breath.. Great Bustard is a good one.

I can only see this ending with you down the nick!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back