• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manfrotto 055 Mf3 Plus 128rc Head (1 Viewer)

nez

Camera Gear Nikon D300 with 300 2.8 AFS VR lens
I have been thinking about buying a lightweight tripod for birding but need this particular head for rigidity as i am mounting my swarovski 80hd scope on to it .Also the scope i understand fits straight on to the 128 head without the mounting plate.My question is will the 128 head fit the 055 mf3 leggs or is the center column different.?

thanks

Gonna fit like a glove. There are no incompatibility issu from manfrotto to manfrotto except for the high end commercial video head that have a bowl instead of a plate.

avan said:
Gonna fit like a glove. There are no incompatibility issu from manfrotto to manfrotto except for the high end commercial video head that have a bowl instead of a plate.

Thanks avan i will go ahead with the purchase what combo do you use?.

I use the RC128 head as it has a locking pin that prevents the scope from falling off if it's caught. I know it's unlikely - but with a £1200 scope I would rather be safe than sorry. The head is proably not as smooth as the higher spec ones - but it's been around for a long time and it's simple. Lots to be said for that that.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back