• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Discounted Bird Book Offers (1 Viewer)

Bubbs

PS Books have the following...

BWP at £14.99 (£90.00)

The Historical Atlas of Breeding Birds in Britain and Ireland 1875 - 1900. Former British Birds, Book of the Year £12.99 (£35.00)

A Guide to the Birds of the Phillipines £9.99 (£37.50)

Bargains!

JB

Tim Allwood said:
cheers Johno

i'll be getting the atlas - a book i've been after for a long time

atb
Tim

Hi Tim,

This title is a steal and a wonderful book that every birder should have on their shelves.

Beware though. PS Books are brilliant but the delivery..Hmmmm.

They delivered my first copy last week and left it by the conservatory in 30mm of rain that day..despite being told to leave it next door on the order form or take it back to their parcel centre. The book was ruined but psbook customer manager, Alexandria, replaced it without question.

So today they delivered the replacement copy...(repeat instruction in bold e-mail and typed very slowly) LEAVE NEXT DOOR OR RETURN TO CENTRE.

What did they do? tossed it over an 8' locked gate and it laid there all day. Thankfully it was a dry day.

Although the packaging was damaged the book was mint and as new.

Fantastic service let down by poor delivery.

Their are other bird titles on this site. The Phillipines book is another steal and it only costs about the same as a decent bottle of red...or two!!

Good original thread Tim..a couple of weeks back by the way.

John.

Anyone ordering from this site could always mention Bird Forum on their e-mail ;-)

Last edited:
s.g. said:
Thanks for the info John, but who are and where are PS Books.
Many Thanks, Steve

Steve,

Just type psbooks into Google and hey presto..bargains for the weekend followed by decent red wine from the money you've saved..magic!

Their e-mail service can't be faulted.

John.

Last edited:
I got the two BWP volumes and the Historical Atlas last week. I can't speak too highly of their service - it was brilliant. But I'd hope they'll look around for a different courier to serve John's area.

Book Bargains

I also took advantage of the BWP vols 8 & 9 @ £14.99
The service was spot on.
I just need vol 7 now to complete my set, if anyone sees it around please post a message.
Cheers

GeoffWood said:
I also took advantage of the BWP vols 8 & 9 @ £14.99
The service was spot on.
I just need vol 7 now to complete my set, if anyone sees it around please post a message.
Cheers

And to think that I paid the full price for the set as they were issued one by one..... :C

john barclay said:
And to think that I paid the full price for the set as they were issued one by one..... :C

PS...if anyone see's HBW at £14.99..can they give me a shout!!!!!

John.

john barclay said:
Thanks for that Andy..if I knew how to do what you've just done, I'd do it!

Instructions please.
When composing a post, use the "Insert link" button (a globe-and chain icon), then follow the prompts. Shout if you need more help.

Last edited:
On the subject of PS Books - I gave them the same instructions and it was left on th edoorstep on a very wet day - until I retuned at 11:00 p.m.

Amazingly the copy of Beaman & Madge inside was both dry and undamaged - and still there!

If anyone out there is after a copy of "THE BIG YEAR" by MARK OBMASCIK (Twitching around the U.S.) it is available for £5.00 + postage £3.25 ( Retail price £13.00) from :
www.thebookpeople.co.uk
I have just recieved 3 copies for me & 2 mates total cost £18.22.

s.g. said:
If anyone out there is after a copy of "THE BIG YEAR" by MARK OBMASCIK (Twitching around the U.S.) it is available for £5.00 + postage £3.25 ( Retail price £13.00) from :
www.thebookpeople.co.uk
I have just recieved 3 copies for me & 2 mates total cost £18.22.

Cheers guy's...keep your posts coming re offers. They'll all be read and no doubt these offers are going down well...plus it's Xmas....just wish I had some friends ;)

John.

Rob Smallwood said:
On the subject of PS Books - I gave them the same instructions and it was left on th edoorstep on a very wet day - until I retuned at 11:00 p.m.

Amazingly the copy of Beaman & Madge inside was both dry and undamaged - and still there!
This is surely the fault of the couriers not wanting to make a return visit rather than PS Books (assuming your instructions got passed on, of course). Once, when I was a student, I worked a Christmas season as a postman and was criticised for bringing back too many packets. I was told to get rid of them any old how: cram them through the letterbox, leave them round the back, in the garage, in the dustbin(!), with neighbours - anything but bring them back. I bet it's not hard to find the same mentality among couriers, especially when they're more profit-driven.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back