• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Got the 15x50 IS! (1 Viewer)

I found the 18x to have a bit too short eye relief and requiring a bit too careful eye placement for my liking. CA was also more apparent in the 18x vs the 15x.
HN

Thanks for the reply. The extra CA wouldn't bother me but the shorter eye relief does - I use eye-glasses. Canon give the same eye relief to both models...
The 18x would be interesting for my cr-birding... :-C
I have to test one sample to see how it works for me but no stores or owner in Portugal with this model...

Take a trip to England to try one.
The lower pound reduces the price.
But the eye relief may be small.
I don't use glasses with my 18x50.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back